Tuesday, October 10, 2006

In the weekend, we all travelled to Nara, once Japan's capitol and home of the Big Buddha. But Nara is also famous for the deer that runs around free, eager to eat from the curious tourists hands:



This is the home of the Big Buddha:



They made a hole on one of the pillars inside of the temple to show how thick and solid they are. Supposedly, it brings good luck to go through that hole. Nalini wouldn't take her chances, and made sure to try it out:



And here he is, very impressive: the Big Buddha:




At the end of our trip, we also spent some time in the beautiful town of Kyoto, where we did a wonderful walking tour with the famous Johnnie Hillwalker - a tour I strongly recommend to anyone who is lucky enough to spend a day in that beautiful town. I don't have the pictures of that part of the trip yet, so I'll have to promise you a later update on our last few days in the Land of the Rising Sun :).


No comments: