Last night, Nalini expressed her first dream of what she wants to be when she grows up. We were watching a documentary about the coral reefs and their fauna, and she became really impressed by the scuba divers who were studying the fish. All of a sudden, she says: "Mamae, eu quero fazer isso quando eu estar grande" (Ok, her Portuguese is still a little broken, but that stands for Mommy, that's what I want to do when I grow up). I was really surprised, so I asked What?, and she went on to explain that she really wanted to do scuba diving and swim in the ocean and study the fish. And then she listed a bunch of things that she'll need for that: Mamae, eu vou comprar esse nas costas, vou comprar esses nos pes (Mommy, I'll buy myself that thing for my back (the oxygen tank), and the things for my feet (mh.. I forget how they are called, the Portuguese word for them literally translates into duck feet, so you know what I mean). We talked about scuba diving, and what the tank and the duck feet are for, and the importance of studying the fish, and then we talked about diving, and how you have to put your head under the water for that. Nalini is actually really afraid of putting her head under water, and that has been an ongoing effort in her swimming classes. As I touched that subject, she informed: But mommy, I'm only going to do that when I grow up.
Well, at least there is a prospect for when it is going to happen :)
Monday, January 29, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment