Thursday, June 30, 2005

The Way to a Little Girl's Heart

Today, Nalini was unconsolable. For nearly two hours, she cried a lot (and that's really not like her!). I tried to calm her down, offering her everything - her favorite toys (such as my shoes and purses), her favorite snacks - peanut butter sandwich, milk, yogurt, banana, strawberries, nectarines, cheese sticks, raisins, peanuts, tortilla chips, I even tried her beloved orange flavored vitamin C chewables, but without success. Finally, in an act of desperation, I reached for a chocolate bar. Silence at first, and then: "quer, quer" (meaning "I want, I want"). Nalini immediately calmed down in my arms, and started playing again, just like her old self. All it took was a 1-square centimeter piece of good Dutch chocolate...

I had heard before that chocolate can win its way to a woman's heart. I guess Nalini is no exception :).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Chocolate is GOOOOOD. Yummy.

-- Anna, Portland, ME