Thursday, August 05, 2004

One BIG Lady!

Nalini has been growing before our eyes. She seems taller to us after every single nap, and I bet we're not being fooled or just playing the pround parents. We measured her yesterday: 29 3/4 inches (75.565 cm), which puts her above the 95% percentile, meaning she IS really big - and growing! But the very cool news is that she actually really helped me with the laundry today. I had some stuff hanging on the line, and when I took it down, some of the clothes clips fell on the floor. She ran to play with them and caught one. When I asked whether she would give it to me, she just handed it to me, and went on to pick up all of the clips from the floor and hand them to me one by one. It was the first time she worked with me following purely verbal instructions to do something that wasn't directly to her benefit such as nursing or eating. Really cool! Ok - so now I'm sounding like a proud mommy... :)

No comments: