Friday, June 09, 2006

Banana Love

It is amazing to watch Taj developing into a toddler. It is almost like he's changing before our eyes, everyday he seems to achieve something new that was a challenge the day before. Stairs, for instance, have not been an obstacle for a few weeks now - Taj will gracefully, and at every given chance, climb upstairs without any help. Yesterday, he managed to stand quite a few times without supporting himself for a few seconds at a time.

But the really amazing thing happened this morning. I picked his favorite food for breakfast - banana. He usually will scream loudly and happily at the sight of this beloved fruit. So I gave him a piece in his hands and ran back to the kitchen to attend to something cooking on the stove. After swallowing the little piece, Taj definitely felt like he could use some more banana, so he called: Mama, banana, Mama, banana, banana.

I think that three-syllable words are quite advanced at his age (yes, I'm bragging!), but what's one gonna do? One has to find a way to express their love for their favorite food... :)

No comments: