Monday, April 24, 2006

The mistery of baby ears

Every day at bath time, I make sure to clean behind Taj's ears. And every day, invariably, I'll find a lot of stuff behind his ears again. Now - I understand how his hands and nose get dirty in the course of the day. I expect to dig quite some stuff out of the folds in his diaper area. I'm not surprised to find his neck area dirty, with all of the drool of the incoming teeth. His hair even, with all the crawling and rolling on the sand in the park. His feet I know will get dirty from his walking attempts when I leave him barefoot in the house. But how can it possibly be that every day I'll find that the area behind his ears is dirtier than all of the other body parts I mentioned above? Maybe it's nature's way to train me not to neglect that important part of his body during bath time. Or maybe he cultivates a habit of sticking all dirt he finds around behind his ears when I'm not looking - who knows?

In any case, I believe I found out where he keeps his dirty secrets... :)

1 comment:

Anna said...

I've had a similar discovery in regards to Sophia's ears, except she tends to have something inside her ears rather than behind them! I think children have to find some way to hide things from their ever careful Moms and the ears provide a great mechanism to do so, you are right about that!