In the last week, Nalini has undergone some huge changes. First of all, she acquired a new word, "May-I?". Now, whenever she wants something, she points at it and says: "May-I?". Such a polite kid :). Jamila believes that she learned that from Ana, who would always ask: "May I change your diaper?" or "May I feed the baby now?". She also has been speaking some Arabic: mahamala-mahamala-mayak, which unfortunately we can't translate.
Today, after chasing ducks in the park, she came back home and we were reading a book that happened to have the drawing of a duck on one page. Nalini immediately pointed to the duck and said "quack-quack", recognizing that this was a drawing of the animal she was chasing in the park hours earlier. Two days ago, she actually drew her first picture all by herself (and it was on the cover of an important document - oh well).
Since yesterday, she also doesn't crawl anymore - now, she will walk whenever she needs or wants to go to! And she is a speeder! Nalini can go up and down the stairs unassisted. And she loves music - she will dance to almost any tune, and will clap her hands to the rhythm.
It is really magic to watch her transfomr from a baby into a full-blown little person :)
Saturday, October 23, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment